Monday, August 23, 2010

NHK gear + (Shopping Day)

Today I went shopping because there were computer issues preventing me from accomplishing anything. It's OK! I will make up the time this weekend once it's fixed.

Things I bought while I was wandering around Shibuya:

- one (1) water bottle at Mono Comme Ca (because I forgot mind in San Francisco). I actually like this one even better, since it's orange, which is the color I wanted in the first place. It comes with a freezable insert, so you can keep your drink cold.

- one (1) repurposed-into-a-skirt Lucky Band jeans. It's the waist and butt of the jeans (fly etc.) but no legs, instead a fringe of (also repurposed) neckties. There are even giraffes! (FB pix soon...)

Things I bought once I found the NHK shop:

- はなかっぱ plushie. He's soooooo cute. Pix on FB.

- はなかっぱだいずかん It's like a picture encyclopedia about the show, Hannakappa.

- はなかっぱはなしシリーズ1 It's a picture book with stories from the show. I REALLY LIKE HANAKAPPA YOU GUYS.

- three 花根付 (Hannakappa strap figurines...like keitai straps, basically) I got one "secret" one, which is the main character, Hanakappa, with a weird big smelly flower on his head. Then also the dad, and one of the "villains." These come in a capsule toy machine, and I'm looking for people to trade with to collect them all.

- three はなかっぱカプセルシール They are packs of tiny little stickers you buy in a capsule toy machine.

- どーもくんコレクション1998−2008 DVD It's the 37 Domo-kun spots from NHK through 2008. He is their mascot, and also really cute :)

-教えて!ニュースのことば Actually I'm super excited about this book. It is from the NHK Weekly Kids News people, just published this year, and basically...it's a book to help Japanese kids understand the news. I.e., the perfect glossary to current issues in an easy to understand format and no need to recognize all the kanji immediately, since there is ample furigana (hiragana written next to the kanji to show the pronunciation). I'm gonna learn a TON.

Anyhow, mostly, you can tell I am a big はなかっぱ fan. I wake up in the morning, watch his show, and then go to the pool and pretend I can swim as well as a kappa :P

No comments: