Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Happy Photo

Well, I would just give you a link for the flickr page for the stuff I've already talked about, but the pix are always out of order when you upload them, so I'll post here. The trip was good. I'll blog about it at some point, if not this morning...



Man, I really hate the way blogger does the whole adding pictures thing... I wish I could just use a regular html tag... Anyways, these were the two big releases that Tuesday when Chris and I were in Akihabara: FFVII Crisis Core, and Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon something or other. I was waiting outside a Sofmap store:





Waylaid!!



This guy announced that the store wouldn't be opening for another hour-- until 11 o'clock:



So that's when I went elsewhere to buy my copy of Crisis Core.

Here are Chris and I in our net cafe cubicles:





Pix of Kyuushokutoban!!! :D

The menu is adorable. I had the "second grader" lunch set (#2) omuraisu.



While we waited for the food I took in some scenery, like this hand-drawn flier for nostalgic Swan Cider:





Here are the cooks dressed as kid serving lunch:



And finally, food!!



I think I talked about this already, but there is the really awesomely tasty salad, the first miso I had since I had arrived, and the omlette with ketchup rice inside. On top of that there is meat sauce (unexpected, but tasty!) and potato croquette stuck on the side. TONS of food. I couldn't eat all of it. Especially since we also ordered agepan = sweet fried bread:



YUM! I snapped a couple other shots on the way out. The handle to the bathroom was cute:



Rock art:



The front of the restaurant. "Brasserie," you'll note, is French:





We went back to Akihabara. OMIGOD SAVE US FROM THE MANIKINS!!!



That face on the right I actually am known to make on occasion, but those other two are just horrifying... They did such a good job grabbing our attention that we went upstairs to find:



An instant ramen restaurant. Now here is the question: Is it lazier to stay at home and make your own ramen toppings or to leave the house and have someone else do it for you? At this place you select your choice of instant noodles, and they will boil them and put a variety of things on top for a small fee.



I would've stuck some change in the tip jar for the pictures, but they don't tip in Japan, sooooooo...

Oh, and ok...here is the one picture I have from our zillion video game store shopping tour. The bag for Super Potato, a famous used game shop where I bought Napple Tale:



The mascot is a little creepy, but cute at the same time.

Japan has some really awesome pastries. This donut shopp looked so amazing that I decided to take a pic of their ad. It's in one of the subway stations...forget which...maybe Shibuya?



We didn't have any, but if allll you need is love and donuts, I might have to get on it.

Anyways, those are all the pix I have before our vacation to Yamanakako. I should have a different entry for that. Might do it later since it's already ten and I haven't showered yet. I want to try to see a park or a temple or something today before meeting up with the 1Up catz. Rest assured, there are a zillion pix from that, including lots of Toru, who is cute when he's not being a little monster ^_^

No comments: