Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Did I talk about Lucozade already? Is that how one spells it?

I don't think I did...it's this drink that isn't really like Gatorade. I guess some people like it. Basically it tastes like fizzy unjell-ofied jell-o. Bleck >_< lol ;p

So yesterday was London and I didn't update yet!!! Also I think last time I wrote I forgot to change the time...altho I may not have...I dunno...timezones are fun...

So we woke up and went on a train which was pretty nice. On the way there I looked out the window which was unexciting...

Once we were in London we walked the ENTIRE day lol no buses, taxis, subways, or anything...we walked a LOT. I was wearing my flares and it was soggy out so I ended up soaking wet halfway of my calves. >_< lol

Anyhow first we went to the world's longest sushi bar for lunch. It took us a bit to find but man it was soooooo hardcore!!!! o_O www.yosushi.com It's the kind with a conveyor belt and little different colored dishes going around. So you just kinda grab what you want and the prices are colorcoded. I also got this uber tasty chicken o_o Steve had fruit so I mooched off some of his pineapple. On a whole it was a super awesome lunch (altho my second sushi choice could've been better...it LOOKED nice but it tasted REALLY bitter lol)

Then we went to see Dali Universe which costed money to get in but was pretty cool. Lots of etchings and sculpture and paintings and whatnot. We spent a while in there wandering around. There was a lot to see. They had lots of funny quotes on the walls that I can't remember anymore... : / lol (At this point Steve would say: "Good story...really...quotes you can't remember. That's fantastic! ;p")

After that I had a banana which was well chosen and delicious. I'm really into bananas lately. Bananas and oranges.

So then we trekked to the Imperial War Museum which was really cool. They had lots of tanks and subs and things...and a really neat exhibit on D-Day. (Did you know that the D in D-Day just stands for Day? I dunno what I thought it stood for but I don't remember learning that...They used D-Day H-Hour for unspecified or secret times...) There were lots of personal items like letters and books so that was cool. We were on the third floor looking at the Holocaust exhibit when it was time to close so we didn't get to see all of it, but it was really well put together. There were a lot of really interesting artifacts there too like uniforms and books and shoes...it was really sad... : /

The plan for dinner was to find this vegetarian restaurant but we walked forEVER and weren't even back to the train station yet and were starving so we went to this place called Chopstix instead. I had fried rice and a Fanta, which was pretty decent. In fact there were left overs so I had them for breakfast this morning with an orange!! YUM :D

What else...so yeah...I think even just walking around London is pretty cool. I'm glad we didn't take the subways cuz it would've been faster but probably also a lot more confusing and we wouldn't have seen as much. I guess the only other thing I can think of was they had a 3 for 2 Haruki Murakami sale going at uhm...this one bookstore where we snuck peeks at maps (XD) so Steve grabbed some and said I could have the free one. I convinced him that Murakami is worthwhile! Yay! (He roxxorz...for anyone who doesn't know...) Ah ha also since we bought stuff we got this free sample of this book by this guy who was trying to read the entire encyclopedia Brittanica (o_O) i dunno if he made it cuz the sample only covers through C LOL but it was pretty funny :D That's what I did on the trainride home. (Ah it was called The Know-It-All written by A.J. Jacobs huzzah!) Uh huh...and then what...

I dunno. I don't remember what we did last night. I remember obsessing over paperwork...and that's it lol.

When I got up this morning Steve had already left for work so what did I do...I had leftover rice like I said and an orange while watching Spiderman 2 (FINALLY) which was really good, as expected. Then I got ambitious and hiked allllll the way into town by myself. Mostly it was just long lol. It's not tooooo much fun walking by yourself like that, but I went all the way in and got a pasty at Gregg's and some cookies at this shop in the mall that started with an M....and kinda wandered around a bit. Actually I was looking for somewhere to chill out and study but I didn't have much luck in that department. I decided I didn't really feel like running around tomorrow so I decided to go grocery shopping. I bought some chicken or something to make a sandwich with tomorrow and a bunch of bananas that looked yellow enough (everything was green V_V) annnnnnnnd a couple little exercise books to do Russian and Japanese studying in.

Which brings us to our current dilemma of having not studied ESP today when I had semi PLANNED to study...but it's ok I still have time and since I don't really want to go anywhere tomorrow (except the laundromat cuz steve doesn't have a dryer and i have to have dry things to pack in my suitcase).

Ah ha so on the way home I ate a banana and then I got here and took a bath. So now I'm finally updating my blog...whoooooo lol. Tonite I'm not sure what we're doing...but tomorrow we're gonna have a laundromat party. I decided it will be fun cuz we'll get take out fish 'n chips or something and bring a pack of cards and have a party...(or maybe not lol i dunno)

Loo loo loo.

I guess that's all. o_O Steve just got home (!) Maybe we'll have toast or something...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds really amazing. I always thought the D in D-day stood for something different. Like Day of Destruction. But I looked it up and apparently it just means D-Day and H-hour. However. Presedent Eisenhower, who was in charge of the D-day operation, said that it stood for Debarkation Day, which doesn't even sound like a word. But I guess Eisenhower was famous for saying 'finalize' when that wasn't a word either.

Have a fun time Emily. I'll leave this as anonymous so you'll have to guess who this is. I don't have an account, >_<