Monday, January 24, 2005

long time no see

aiiie here i am on a crazy french keyboard (only different enough to mess you up a bit...obnoxious at best infuriating at worse)

soooooooooo what...well my flight to paris was good

on the way there was a flipped truck so we got stuck in traffic

also steve predicted outkast on the radio which was really bizarre

i had that one song in my head so he was like let's turn on the radio and there it was

i think "was" is the worst word to type on this keyboard

lol

i had to sit at the airport for a pretty long time and they didn't let me check in until a few hours after i got there so i ordered hot chocolate and sat at this italian cafe where there was a lady who sounded like mary poppins "service please!!!" it was a busy place

my airport connection van was late but it was cool cuz there was a japanese couple who got on with a really cute kid so i busted out some nihongo ;D

just a bit tho

then after i got to my hotel i met up with sergey who is SUPER awesome. i really like hanging out with him

wow notice the lack of periods. they are annoying to type. here they are where the comma would be but you also have to press shift as well

x_x that face is i guess the replacement for the carroty type face cuz i can't figure out how to type it ;_;

you have to type shift to get numbers too o_o

anyhow so yeah sergey and i had dinner and studied

it's very nice to study; i do it a lot

today in fact i bought a french book to help me with my russian verbs...i should've gotten one before i left but i didn't and this one was pretty cheap anyhow

the hotel is nice but the guy at the desk or one of them rather, kind of hates us or at least he's very frustrated. some people are loud and come in late but i think his biggest problem is just the number of times we go in and out

oh i did my laundry

it was hella expensive

at my NEW HOUSING THAT I MOVE INTO ON FRIDAY there is laundry onsite that is a bit cheaper

that is good

it was complicated the first time but once you get used to how it works it's easy and boring cuz you have to sit there of course...altho lots of people just leave

so my housing is in a complex of student studios on the northern outskirts (they call it the ghetto but only cuz it's not as exciting as the rest of paris) there was this guy at the housing meeting today who talked about it and he totally convinced me. it's gonna be supah! ;D

it's actually right next to one of the branches of the sorbonne ( i hope i test in)

wow so i'm using up all my time o_o

i bought 3 hours for five euros on a pass

well technically me and my current roommate bought 6 hours together for 10

so it goes

paris is cool

i dunno what to really say

i went to one not-that-thrilling bar

i haven't really seen too many sites or anything yet

i figure i don't have to cram it all into my first week here so it's all good

just kinda chillin'

i want to see if i can find a place to see the new hayao miyazaki movie tonite

altho i will go tomorrow if i have to take the metro cuz i'm kinda sick of the trains for today

which could change if for instance sergey called and wanted to meet up somewhere

but he would probably just come over here anyhow to study so even then...

i'm sure i forgot a ton of stuff

but you know there will be more to come so ça va

a sample of the newest word acquisitions:

le hublot - washing machine window

roter - to burp

prévisible - predictable

un colocataire - roommate (colocatrice for les filles)

yup yup some more useful than others...that's how it goes

i bought a history of the color blue (it taught me the word juggle "jongler")

everything is so educational!!! ;D

hahaha i feel like golden boy (but not really hehehe)

that is all for now...i hope my new colocataire/trice has a computer so we can split net charges and have it in our place :D




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have lots of fun in Paris. But if I were you I'd see all the sites in fear that I'll be really busy once school starts. I guess it's not so bad. But in Disney, if I wasn't working, or doing homework, I was doing laundry, cleaning, and making food. So I had no time to do anything. So see everything while you can!!!

Anyway, in my Stats class, and my Prof has an uber hot accent, from maybe Slovakia or Yugoslavia or something, but his name didn't look Russian, but it sounded real similar. :P Well, in my stats class, I met a girl named Balistreri. I dunno how to spell it. I asked her if she was related to anyone el...then she cuts me off and says NOPE. lol! And I'm like, oh? How does that go? Apparently she's a first born here, her mom was from sicily and her dad was from Italy. Or maybe it's the other way around lol...But yeah. heh. she wasn't too nice, but she sure looked real pretty.

Anyway, I have a guy stats prof and a guy ASL prof who is deaf. And I have Kajitani sensee too. W00t! Well, I'll ttyl. ciao!