Friday, May 06, 2005

Aix

Well I really didn't have to get to the train station early at all...lol. I sat there for a pretty long time heh...but the ride was pretty nice. About three hours...then I took a short bus ride from the TGV station to town and Bryan picked me up.

I totally love their house! It has way more character than the residence lol...cuz the residence's character is not exciting or cute or anything like that. Here you go up the stairs and there is a landing with some couches, one of which I sleep on and then there are all the bedrooms. Everyone has really nice windows that open up onto courtyards and stuff. I guess their building used to be a treasure of the city or something. It's pretty spiffy.

The first night I was the only guest and their Columbian roommates cooked dinner. Was super groovy but we ate too late lol Then on Thursday Jenny and Rachel arrived. Jenny is sick, which in keeping with my paranoia about sick people is driving me absolutely nuts but there's not anything I can do about it so I just try not to think about it. It's like the kid who kept coughing in the train like he was gonna die...just gotta put your headphones on and try to sleep lol.

Stephanie is super cool. She has like ALL of rurouni kenshin on her computer so we're gonna eventually get around to watch some OAVs. She also has this SWEET kanji dictionary. It's really alarming that I don't have one and have never used one. Definitely something to invest in when I get back to the states.

The weather is pretty nice. They have this Alpen breeze or somethingtho lol so it's really not as hot as Paris. But definitely sunnier :D It's scary tho cuz the air is full of dust or pollen. We all sneeze...

I also saw American Pie for the first time. I dunno if that was a good thing or not lol. I'm just taking a closer look at our culture...that's all...our poor poor culture x_x lol Nah some of it was kinda funny...even tho...some of it was far too stupid...x_x

Today I guess we are going to Marseille. I'm not sure why... I guess because we "might as well" I don't like doing stuff cuz of that tho. It seems like a lousy reason to do something you wouldn't do otherwise. Probably it's just my continuing aversion to site-seeing.

2 comments:

Emily said...

awesome :D we should actually go lol that would be really fun...Aix is really great o_o

Xavier said...

omg, dion. you never told me about this! i would love to go with you. :D

omg that is so fricking amazing thing to maybe offer to do!!!

*dances around in perfect 8 loops*