Thursday, May 12, 2005

Rufus and some other nonrelated elements

ah yes the concert was yesterday and let me tell you that you will just not believe it xav because omigosh...

so it was great and he spoke french and apparently was mildly food poisoned the night before from a bad sandwich. everything was great. seeing him with his band is really amazing cuz there are some songs that just wouldn't really work if it was just him. everyone sings! it's so cool!

and his guiatarist is really extremely good-looking

as IF Rufus isn't cute enough

so it ended and we were sad but of course there were encores.

they came back out and he sang An Old Whore's Diet and during the musical interlude something very bizarre happened. he took off his scarf...and we were like haha what a tease. then he started unbuttoning his shirt and we were like o wow what a tease and THEN his shirt was on the floor and we were like what is going on and he's working on his pants and then i notice that the guitarist is stripping and the drummer suddenly has no pants either and the girls aren't wearing very much. Then I'm really almost not sure what was going on. Rufus donned some fairy wings, sash that read "Miss Paris," and a princess crown and started waving a little wand. There were all some red high heels involved, all of which was brought out on a platter by a lady in a wig. The guiatarist put on a fake beard and started waving a plastic pirate daggar around. I dunno...it was really weird. Then the strobe light. We all wished for our cameras because how often do you see Rufus Wainwright in little more than a sparkly blue speedo?

For the next song they were witches who all melted at the end and then they put on some bath robes for the very end.

It was

crazy. ;D

But true. I don't have pictures but you have to believe me because there is just no other choice.

Other than that tho I am increasingly stressed out by the overall situation and acutely today because I just found out that I have to write FIFTEEN pages for my independent study. I might as well just quit school. I feel like I have forgotten how to do it. Just everything. I've proven myself time and time again to be incapable of writing five pages in ENGLISH so I dunno what the point is anymore.

There is a trip to Monet's gardens on Saturday that I suppose I should go on. It's twenty euros but it sounds pretty cool right? Monet's gardens...

Right now tho I'm going shopping I decided.

So that's that.

2 comments:

Xavier said...

Awww, I wanna go to Giverny. It's supposed to be so beautiful! :D

And that's awesome that Rufus was in a speedo...Dude, I so would not have the guts to do that. I dunno...Even if I was a rock star. :D

BadMonkey said...

I'd forgotten it was Rufus night last night! Sounds like it was a great show! I was actually surprised when your story ended with Rufus in a speedo, I was half-expecting him to go all the way! Don't ask me why, that was just the vibe I got from the story...
You should totally go to Monet's Garden, although to be honest I expect it's gonna be a bit overgrown cos he's been dead for nearly eighty years. Unless someone else has been looking after it. :P