Tuesday, May 03, 2005

huckabees

yay i FINALLY saw it. you know i've been trying for three days straight...guess it's a good idea to look up the movie times before you go x_x i'm a dork

anyhow it was really really REALLY good and also better than Garden State...

which is not to say that Garden State was bad lol but out of the quirky existential comedies from last year i'd have to say that I *heart* Huckabees was better. I guess to qualify that...what can I say...why exactly did I enjoy it more...?? Uhm...well to be somewhat superficial maybe i enjoyed the cast a whole lot more...and maybe the sharper comedy was more to my taste...but that's not even really it. I guess what it really is is that I came out of Huckabees feeling good and I came out of Garden State feeling lonely and depressed lol.

I will definitely see it again sometime and the soundtrack WAS good lol

also i still think morning movies are super!! a nice way to start the day and get you out of the house right away (even if you come back later)

soooo let's see...i read for a bit at the MCJP which was nice...no pressure and i also reserved my ticket for the sutomu yamashita concert :D he's a really famous percussionist i guess...i'm psyched...

for the rest of the day the plan is basically laundry and packing...and probably some reading and studying...and a bit of cooking...altho i really don't want to have the same thing i had for breakfast for dinner...lol

i should also gather the info for my monument paper. i wonder if it really has to be a MONUMENT monument cuz i'd really like to write about the deepest metro station. apparently it takes 285 stairs to get down there but there is an elevator. i read that it's because of the mines or something to do with plaster of paris ne

gosh this makes me think what a bad reader i must be...i can't even remember what the deal was with the mines...

i think reading the book i am is sort of like taking a psychology class when you're going to an iatrist which i have also done...lol it just messes you up to learn about the theory when you're in the thick of it. i wonder why that is...

i feel fairly inadequate today now tho that is for sure

i think i MIGHT rate about a novice-high...

novice is a cooler word than beginner tho :D

i'm going to go try to keep occupied...i really don't want to be bored...last night i was...and i don't think it really helped my studies to force myself to go over stuff out of absolute boredom

technically i really SHOULD have enough stuff to do...i wonder what everyone is doing tonite...iiiii dunnoooo

4 comments:

BadMonkey said...

Yay again! Glad you finally saw Huckabees! As you say, the cast is definitely more enjoyable, the soundtrack is pure magic, and I just like the idea of a world where you can hire an existential detective to investigate a coincidence! The idea that a husband and wife could have major marital difficulties based purely on philosophical differences is inspired, as is the concept of having warring philosophies not just competing in print and in debate, but as actual physical people going about undermining each others teachings. I dunno, like I said at the time, I'm not sure its to everyone's taste, but I was damn sure you'd like it!
Congrats again on getting in to Cali! I'd give you a congratulatory hug but you don't really like that, so I won't...
Have fun on your holiday! Swim in the sea, visit castles and do lots of bad things!

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs hugs!!

Xavier said...

yes, even slugs need hugs. Not saying duck is a slug of course.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!