Saturday, May 07, 2005

To Beach or not to Beach (or to beetch about the beach)

Well I decided not to go to Marseille which was perfectly fine lol. I had a nice calm afternoon at the house and then Stephanie came home and we watched the Rurouni Kenshin OAVs which was super cool.

There was also a b-day party, white trash themed. They threatened to kick me into the street unless I dressed up so I ended up wearing these black capris with these weird pink shorts over it, plus these nasty look t-shirts (one with ties on the shoulder) and a hard rock café jacket. oh and also some boots...

We all looked like freaks. Also one thing I noticed was that once people are dressed like that...it makes them really look...trashy lol like we all looked horrible. I think maybe it's just the fact that partying isn't my thing... I ended up talking to a Chinese guy in French and then everyone went clubbing at 2 am. Stephanie was adament that I make sure to have fun at home and offered her supply of Japanese pop/rock piping through the headphones attached to her laptop. I had to pinky swear that I would be ok. Heh she was a bit drunk.

Man tho tonite at dinner tho people were trading drunk stories. I'm so glad I don't do crap like that!! :D Which is not to say that the stories aren't funny, cuz they are...but then you think wait this is REAL, not MADE UP and then you say hmmm glad I don't DRINK drink...

Speaking of tonite at dinner it was super. We tried out this potato pancake recipe I found in a Japanese cookbook and it was amazing and we steamed all sorts of vegetables and stuff. Only problem? I was SO NOT HUNGRY. V_V We snacked all afternoon and suddenly then we were eating dinner and I was like CRUD.

As for regional fare is concerned, today was a good day. I bought some navette cookies...which I really don't know anything about them. They are simple and wonderful. I also bought some spice bread which was all artisinal and made the real way and stuff like that...really truly wonderful and a bit pricy v_v so i have goodies

OH ha so we were supposed to go to the beach today (title of entry haha) and I wasn't going to pay the money and spend the day doing that if the weather was going to be cold like yesterday. (relative cold tho not really cold you see...) jenny was chewing me out tho and said i shouldn't have come if i didn't want to go to the beach and hang out with the people i was there to see. stephanie wasn't going to go either tho... anyhow it was super beau!!! lol so we both decided we WERE going to go and then it turned out to be 8 euros each way and take two hours (each way) and it was late cuz everyone slept in after the party...so we scrapped it and went shopping and stuff and cooked.

I'm so mad about the cooking and stuff. I cut up tons of things, mashed the potatoes, peeled them, slaved, and barely ate at all. Didn't really enjoy it. I'm going on a walk after this V_V

Grrr...so for eating we are not doing so hot tho...I'm only putting this in here cuz this is what I think about!!! I know I talk about food a lot. But if you think about it it is really hard to manage things! I'm not good at it yet. I buy stuff and then it goes bad cuz I don't know enough about food. One day you eat too much fatty stuff and the next day you eat too much sugary stuff!!! It's so hard to keep track of everything!!! I'm really psyched about vegetables tho. I wish I had a hardcore steamer like they do at their house. I will have to try to figure out a makeshift.

I was also thinking about this if I go to school in cali. I won't want to be a on mealplan! I'm so excited about learning to cook and grocery shop! Plus school food can be really not that great sometimes. I dunno...

*rambles about pointless things*

uhmmm so aix...let's see...jenny brought home ewe cheese and it was really good-- oh wait that's food...

i mean see? that is what life is like!!! grrrrrr and ok in the MIDDLE of the afternoon for no reason they made this delicious rice pudding-esque dessert and were like you HAVE to have some and i did but i can't have that AND ewe cheese within two hours of dinner! plus a banana milkshake an hour or so before that!!! today went poorly and i feel lousy about it...that is the last word on the subject i promise...i mean today's subject...

well i'm at another lab breaking rules. stealing net time...not quite the way to be but oh well. i make it sound more serious than it is...but it's true. I'm a net thief.

*sigh* wow that really WAS the day. i will go home after my walk and read or study or maybe watch a movie or Kenshin OK wait I don't know what I'm doing when I get home...lol there...

haha well if you made it this far you put up with all my borderline neurosis so congrats for that lol maybe i will go see if anyone is online... ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

food is not so bad to talk about
like you said it's different than having to explain the stupid things you have done when you were drunk
but subsequently there are groups for both over eating and alcoholism were they talk about their obsessions with either of these and i think that going to movies is a way better topic and you do write about that quite much

Xavier said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Xavier said...

yeah it was free. and it was fun.

w00t! i kinda want to see keane too. also free, but i dunno if i have time. i wish time was freer to allocate, but i guess with school and work and engagements ruling my life, things like keane concerts are to be disposed of...