Friday, March 25, 2005

tra di la hoo haa

SO then...

i had a greek sandwich for dinner and it was TASTY XD

and i'm hanging out in Datif's room cuz he lent it to me FOR THE WEEKEND XD

yes!!!

altho the tv is too clever for me...there must be a trick to it lol

kinda like my old one HA HA HA

so let's see...yesteday was supah rainy and somewhat lousy. I got all cute and then got soaked so I had to go home and try to make do. I also had to stand during the movie for class...cuz I'm short lol (but not as short as 130 cm)

can someone convert 5'4" into centimeters for me? this calls for some participation!! my blog is a TWO WAY STREET LOL like English class

or French class for that matter

so last night I saw Be Cool WHICH i have to admit I was not really that interested in seeing but it turned out VERY funny and VERY (appropriately) cool. We laughed the whole time. It was also sort of campy in a way that I appreciated. cuz who can't appreciate some camp?

you know Dan was telling me that "camp" refers to gay culture but i've never heard it used that way...i only know the one for crazy old horror movies hehehe altho that is more broadly applicable. See according to Dan Celine Dion is campy. (Is that how you spell her name?)

group participation everyone!!!

let us discuss what certainly merits discussion

so then after the movie we went out for Indian food which was SUPER and Greg told me he went backpacking in India for two months. I think that is extremely awesome. So anyhow he's really into Indian food and we ate curry and it was reallllly good. I had chicken and egg...which...I never thought of putting egg in...but it was rerooster WHICH lol it finally dawned on me the other day that re doesn't really resemble ri in anyway except phonetically but we're going to leave it cuz rirooster looks funny.

That's what I have to say!!!! V_V

lol

Anyhow so that was great and this restaurant REALLY wanted us to eat there so they gave us free bread and we also got a free rosy colored aperitif.

And then I forgot my bag cuz I'm a dork lol

but luckily I remembered beFORE i got on the train so i said by to greg and was sitting there and then RAN back to the restaurant where some lady was interrupted by me with my silly French "excusez-moi, j'ai oubliƩ mon sac" hey at least i said mon and not ma lol i said "un soeur" the other day...lol that is just CALAMITY

caaaaaLAMity

anyhow...

so today was a better day...very sunshiny and warm. there were some protestors but i didn't understand what they were shouting. i went to class in the morning and my lit profs are just the greatest. They deserve medals or something. They make me feel like I might actually be able to catch up, which is nice. In the afternoon I had another class and that went ok except HOLY CRUD BUCKETS do those French kids know how to ignore their teachers. I felt SO BAD FOR HIM. These poor guys...I think they are TAs. Well really it's just the one...for some reason my other class listens...but this ONE guy they just all must hate him or something. He's up there expounding and writing and explaining things that seem to me, from the snatches I get between not being fluent and the people practically shouting behind me, to be very interesting and NO ONE is listening except for like three people in the very front. I will be up there next week cuz I need to hear what he is talking about!!!!

And then TO MY GREAT SURPRISE I found Datif AT HOME. I'm like 3 for 30 or something lol. The average is very bad. Anyhow he was on his way out for the weekend and now I have his keys.

OH MAN the weirdest thing: I have realized that I now really like fries. I never used to care about them and now I find myself thinking "hmm i could really use some fries" That is SO STRANGE. Beyond beyond.

Well I may be forgetting something but the great thing about it is that I can always tell you TOMORROW or the NEXT DAY for FREE.

BWAH HAHAHAHAHAH!!! XD

lol

I'm a geek. ^_^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are 162.5cm tall. Or small, depending on how you look at these things. I mean I'm no giant, but I tower over you... but it doesn't sound so small (okay, petite, is that better?) in metric does it? 162.5, thats over a HUNDRED of something, thats pretty good. Hell, its over a hundred and fifty of 'em. Admittedly its something that's pretty small, but nevertheless, over a hundred (and fifty!). So yeah, long story short, 5'4" = 162.5cm.
As for campness... Well Dan is correct in that it can be used to describe certain elements of gay culture (or more specifically flamboyant behaviour - I am frequently accused of camp-ness), but the kind of camp you're referring to, the camp of Hammer horror films for instance, is more general and is a result of failed seriousness. So whilst Celine Dion is camp, its nothing to do with gayness, its to do with the over earnestness, nay pomposity, of her music. Much like Meatloaf. Have I mentioned how much I hate him? Not that that is remotely relevant. Anyway, that is my understanding of camp. Trying really hard to be serious, and failing, makes you camp. As does being a flaming queen. I also think it used to be a weird kinda concentrated drink of some kind after the war, but that's just a very hazy memory of weird bottles in my grandmothers larder...
Okay, that will be all. And yes, this is gonna be on the exam ;p

Anonymous said...

I went to camp once, and it was all sweet and fine until someone shat two feet away from our tent in spite. Needless to say we had to relocate our sweet tent...then we shat close to their tent, shatfest. Anyways, if memory serves, 1inch is 2.54cm, so grab a calculator and party on. HAPPY EASTER EMI!