Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Beyond the Sea

That's the song I woke up to on TSF this morning. I love that station!!! It's funny tho cuz that's where I got my blog title...through some nonchalant minimization. XD

So hahaha I heard this song on the radio I think last night or maybe this morning and the chorus was something about "workin' for the Yankee dollar" hahaha our poor dollar : /

I borrowed Across the River and into the Trees from Emily since I finished A Wild Sheep Chase. I can't wait till their book club finishes Emma so I can join in for the next read.

What else...o i buy milk in a nice little liter box. It says VIVA on it and looks really...foreign lol. The cap is blue and it has a little swirly on it so when you twist it off it looks c-c-crazy @_@

Last night I first went for wine and cheese at this MICEFA lady's house. It was nice altho I have no cocktail party skills to speak of. I drank orange juice and snacked. There was some good cheese and I talked to some people. I talked up MKE to a French girl...err maybe Spanish...who was thinking about studying abroad there. There was also this older lady on the program, a writer, who I was talking to when she spilled her wine alllll over. O man that was bad cuz it got on the fabric on the wall and this is a super spiffy nice apt...she spent the whole rest of the evening dabbing at it with Perrier and some powdery thing.

After that I went home and did laundry and learned the word récupérer (to get back). To my English ears it sounded too much like recuperate. I had to come back later to "get back" my clothes cuz the a lady came to lock the room so no one else would start to do laundry. (It was closing time.)

Aiiie I have to go. I have the first intensive French session today and cannot be late!!!!


No comments: