Wednesday, February 16, 2005

personal advancement day

hmm...is that a valid excuse for sleeping till nine and not leaving my room until 1:30? last night i didn't get to have dinner until 9:30 so i stayed up late. the guacamole i made was not bad...altho i've only had guacamole about twice in my life so maybe i shouldn't judge. one thing that particularly erked me about the shopping process was that i couldn't seem to find REGULAR tortilla chips. They were all chili flavored. Granted, these were actually pretty good. I don't usually go for chips...but these were ok. Anyhow I also made beans and rice which.

This is AFTER I got my box from Mom, which roxxored. XD My favorite shirt is now back in my closet and on a HANGER o_o It's really amazing how a couple bent plastic things can brighten up a day. There was also much food including mac 'n cheese which a person just shoudn't have to live without. Peanut butter was there which was good but I have to go find something to put it on now. XD Rumor has it the pb here is rubbish, so I'm glad to have the American stuff.

Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for including candy and the cute bear. :D He's super cute and sits on the shelf by my desk.

So today is kind of a planning day. I think my other excuse besides personal advancement is that many babysitting jobs want someone all day on Wednesday, so it would be counter-productive to have classes today anyhow...hehe. Not that I really want a day job x_x but it's an excuse nonetheless. ha

I read about some Dominican's and then studied some nihongo. Almost done with the review and then I get to start on the new stuff. I'm actually kind of glad about the lag because if I have any questions I can e-mail jashukun and say, "Hey you did this a two weeks ago so tell me how."

the PLANNING part comes in now because I'm gonna take a moment to find the Russian book I need to buy for my class and see if I can glean any other slivers of info off the Sorbonne website (which is doubtful). I'm also going to e-mail MICEFA and see if they will let me take two of their classes instead of just one. Then I'll have at least Russian which is six hous so should be six credits, and two French courses which are three a piece. If I can get something some other things that would be good but three subjets will cover fulltime enrollment at least. I might look into doing some sort of independant study. I wonder if you can do that from overseas. That guy who wrote the history of the color blue wrote some other really interesting books as well. Maybe I could get some credit for reading and...yeah...what would I write lol good question...ANYHOW I CAN DREAM CAN'T I??? lol XD

Tonite I want to go out for ice cream since it got too late last night. I ACTUALLY WILL TOO. lol I'm going to try to invite Dan but if he's not home or Chris is not around or no one I know is around I will go by myself. This will occur after Japanese night at the Falstaff, to which I am looking forward. (haha can you say that o_o it sounds happah)

no news on french conversation buddies...

no news on much of anything else...

that's ok i should leave anyways XD

No comments: