Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Homework

Bleck. Class was ok but this is how the homework will be I'm not going to like it. I'm not so into the go run around your district and find out things sort of studying. I was looking forward to settling into my desk...

Bleck. Assignments like this just don't really seem to teach us much and feel very fake to do. I have to go get a cell phone. That's where I'm headed now. I get to see Sergey I think on Thursday which will be supah. It's been a while o_o

So today so far...I wrote that other blog. I didn't talk at all about the tour. It was long and in French and semi-interesting. She was really enthusiastic about the turkish baths. I dunno...mostly I was starving.

After that we went to the a student restaurant which is definitely the place to eat. Students get a appetizer, entrée, and dessert for 2.65 euros. It's funny cuz in French entrée is the appetizer...and then plat is the main dish (like plate sort of...)...

What did we do in class today? Well it wasn't all that exciting. It was also three hours with a fifteen minute break about halfway. It seems like most classes meet once a week for two or three hours rather than spreading it out which is awful. It makes me think of the psychology class of flaming death that i took last year. *cry*

Apparently we're going to be discussing the history of Paris and then libraries and things like that as well as current issues in politics and French life and whatnot.

I think lots of us are depressed.

I dunno if I'm depressed but I don't really have any desire to see or do anything...which makes this homework assignment really obnoxious. The other thing is that my friends in the residence (hence in my district) aren't in my class so they don't have the assignment and i doubt i will be able to get anyone to come with me. i sure don't like being dragged with other people...

which is one thing I've started to just avoid: the gaggle. We've been here for almost two or three weeks or something right? So I don't understand why we all have to go to lunch TOGETHER or grocery shop TOGETHER. I mean it's one thing to invite a friend out but entirely another to be all groupie. I dunno...maybe I just am depressed lol Like just now this girl was talking and i was telling dan what i was doing and she was saying, "blah blah blah well, they don't want to wait" ah-HA the RULE that i now work even harder to adhere to!!!! DO NOT WAIT!!!! You just get bored and waste time and also end up in a gaggle.

anyhow...tonite cell phone, bottle/can opener, rice, red beans, an adaptor, and a mini-tape recorder. these have been the goals for HOW many days now?? tooooo many...

then i'm going to go back to my room and read the OTHER homework we have, do some Russian and Japanese, some french, i dunno...

i kinda wanted chinese food for dinner but i feel dumb eating rice for dinner when i had it for lunch...but then my breaktime snack was just bread so i don't really want to go home and make a sandwich...

*sigh*

i'd like to find the a library too right away but i think i'll save it for later as i'm reading two books already...and besides i'll probably have to include it in my report on the district sooooooo oh well

tomorrow i dunno if i mentioned this already but i'm going to a japanese restaurant cuz they have a japanese-french conversation night so that should be interesting...gonna try to drag a couple friends but i dunno if they'll want to go or not...as much as being in a gaggle is no fun...it is also no fun to always be by yourself...i dunno

and Thursday is Sergey, I said that

and Friday that lame assignment is due.

TERRRRRIFIC

also they have planned some cultural activities for us that i may or may not go to...depends on my schedule and like i said i really don't feel like doing anything anyhow...

mostly i just want school to start and to hopefully meet some french people...i should try to find an anime club




No comments: