Monday, April 25, 2005

at last the guac

it was SO good. We all ate too many nachos and of course Napoleon was good too cuz how could it not be? TELL ME THAT lol how could it not be?

This morning I read and studied. It looks like I'm going to be doing a quite a bit of that. lol It makes me feel lazy though even though I am accomplishing things. I don't feel active unless I've been out. So I dragged myself here. I think I'm going to see a movie this afternoon.

I also need to buy a phonecard.

You see this isn't terribly interesting is it?

What did I study? Well, pathetically, I am only on Chapter 20 (starting from 19 you see...) so that means "extra-modest expressions" and "humble expressions." In theory this is easy enough, you just remember some verbs that mean the same as some verbs you already know and learn how to modify other things and stuff but I think in PRACTICE it will be horrendous. And honorific speech and things like this are the worst kind of mistakes to make. It's ok to like mess up a WORD but when you may be being really impolite or something just by using the wrong verb form NOT CUZ YOU MEAN IT but because you just aren't used to having ten ways to say the same thing...oh cry.

I'm also working on more kanji. Contrary to most Japanese programs ours decided to give us LESS kanji to work on the further we got...so I feel like this will be a weakness if I get accepted to california and take the placement test. I have a plan though so hopefully I will be able to learn a lot.

It's still depressing to study alone. x_x Not only is there no one to ask questions to but there is no one to talk to or comiserate with when we forget everything. Maybe I spelled that wrong...

I decided that Thursday is going to be the day I go Japaneses grocery shopping and get sukiyaki supplies. :D I hope it turns out ok and isn't too horribly expensive!!! I need to check out some of the other grocery stores. ^_^

hmmm

since it is Monday i can't go to the MCJP. I can't believe it is three o'clock! I have to quit waking up at ten. It makes the day go by alarmingly fast. Although on the other hand it's not like I have a terrible amount of things to get up to. I have put off the swimming pool though. I thought about checking out the one near the lab but it seems silly to do that when there is one somewhere very near the residence. I need to ask Brett about it...her mom is visiting tho v_v

It's weird to think I have only about two months left. My guess is that will seem like a very long time...until like the last week. I'm so used to everything. It will seem weird to go back to the states, but I'm looking forward to American school lol and everybody will be fun, and my PUPPY!!!!!! lol

2 comments:

Xavier said...

lol American school...What's the difference between American school and French school, besides the obvious language difference?

Emily said...

the way they teach is different. the way they expect things written is different. lectures are loud and boistrous which are probably the two things a lecture shouldn't be lol emanuel doesn't get along with it either. also instead of discussing the book they just tell you about everything. you get lectured about different theories about the homosexuality of the characters or feminine power or historical perspectives etc etc. they just sort ram it down your throat and say well this is what so and so had to say about it. that's not fun or thought provoking!!! lol i think it would've been beneficial to have learned more about French education before coming here.