Friday, April 29, 2005

busy day etc

ok well for some reason i couldn't post the other day...but now I can...therefore

wow that movie was so good!!! i want to watch it with xav...Crustacés et Coquillages...ZANY TO THE MAX lol it's about a family on vacation and this kid's parents think he is gay but really only his friend is and then his mom's lover shows up and sneaks around and then there is a plumber who comes and wow it gets so insane and at the end everyone sings and dances. It's like a romantic comedy x 5 cuz at the end there are ten happy people living in the same summer house all as couples lol o_o

needless to say you feel a bit lonely leaving the theater BY YOURSELF ;_; lol

so let's see...yesterday was sukiyaki day but we actually made oyakodon. the groceries were rather expensive but it will be food for a while and it's not everyday you go japanese grocery shopping...

so Amy came along and we did that. it was fun. unfortunately the cooking part was a bit messed up because we realized when we tasted it that we were definitely supposed to dilute the sauce. very unfortunate. BUT we learn from our mistakes. Instant dashi was a bad idea anyhow...I'm going to go back today and buy bonito flakes and kelp or whatever you need and ACTUALLY make it. Round two is tomorrow, I'll tell you how it goes.

We also rescued some kittens that were outside the residence. They are living in Amy's shower at the moment and we're trying to find a shelter for them.

OK and the absolute worst thing is that I got sick last night from the quiche i had for lunch. I don't think I've ever gotten that sick from something I ate. It wasn't unmanagable but gosh I was mad. Esp cuz at the time it was so tasty!!! Luckily the dinner didn't make us sick...just dehydrated. So we drank lots of water at Amy's house while she ripped a bunch of my cds and I recovered from lunch.

it seems like there was something else to mention but i'm not sure. the japanese grocery store was really cool. I have to put myself on a budget now tho to make up for the spree. x_x

OH

apparently i will hear from california soon; they want to send a letter to my house in o-town

ALSO my problems are solved because even if i don't get the japanese independent study i will be able to keep my financial aid because i am going to get an independent study partially based on my original lit class through micefa. yay!

anyhow i am off to the mcjp to learn to make real dashi and read, then to the grocery store to get ingredients, then to my house to have dinner and wash dishes, then to amy's to give her back her pot and THEN

OH

speaking of pots...

I LEARNED THE SECRET TO GOOD STICKY RICE :D

you have to let it soak for a half hour before you cook it!!! i made it last night to go with the oyakodon (which also turned out well besides the sauce problem so i'm excited to try again...) and it turned out sooooo good! i rock!!

i think i'm going to ask for a rice cooker for my b-day tho. that would be hardcore!!!

o cry!

play tonite too that's the only other thing ONLY lol

hahaha

XD <---morale

o you know i should probably explain oyakodon...

since we had the imperfect version yesterday and will have round 2 tomorrow

it is chicken cooked in a sauce with onion and then you pour egg over it and cook that and then it is SUPPOSED to get tasty but our sauce was crummy lol and it goes over a bowl of rice and is supposed to be delicious...lol

simiarly to katsudon ne? i think tho that it is cheaper to eat out!! import groceries really hurt my bank account! lol

x_x

it's ok i can budget i really can!!!

really!!!

lol

3 comments:

Xavier said...

Hello Emily. I wanna see that movie you were talking about. :D

I'm sooo hungry. Its nice that you go grocery shopping, because for some reason I don't...Walter took my car and I need it today...And I just cleaned my room and threw away all the trash. It was overflowing, kinda scary...Next step is dishes, but they're overflowing also, so that'll take forever. >.< And I'm so fricking hungry I feel like I can't even attempt to do the dishes...Perhaps I should do them when I get home...So yeah! My family are coming up Sunday so I want the house looking uber. :D

Anonymous said...

Mom was trying to explain to me today how u rescued the kittens..and she did a really bad job. They sound cute but mom thinks ur going to get rabies or something. ( she didn't wanna tell u that tho!) oops. lol u could tho..those kitties man. weird stuff. oh and i heard ur letting ur hair grow out. Thats UBER cool. now i can braid it. haha we should give u dreads. wow wouldn't that be scary. ok im leaving now but..uhmmm....................................................i dk. Oh im in the school play: Of mice and Men. I dk if mom told you that. It's pretty sweet- im the only girl. I wish you could see it although you won't be back in time. Uber bummer. Anyways im gonna go noww byeeeee <3 ya!

Emily said...

nah it was perfectly safe. we did think about that, but they didn't scratch us or anything and they had no teeth!! amy took them to the shelter today! so hopefully they will be adopted cuz they are so tiny and adorable!

xav you should make sure to eat!! oh and this summer remind me to make you oyakodon...and dion too ;D