Thursday, April 07, 2005

stressed out and other things too

This morning was chilly. I still didn't wear a coat though. Between being here and then if I move to California I will become a total wimp. You will see me at Christmas and laugh while I cry over the snow and the freezing.

Today I finished reading Learning to Bow FINALLY I had to take a bit of a break...because there was no time to go to the MCJP. Now I MAKE time. I also started Acts of Reading which is a book about reading in Japanese for natives and then about the experience for students of the language and strategies for teaching. It is very interesting...even tho I only got through the introduction. When I walked downstairs there was a calisthenics segment on the NHK tv...

Tonite I will study kanji and read in French. I also really need to collect some sources...quite a few actually. Meaning...well...all of them. For some reason I'm having a really hard time getting this project going...I think the libraries do not help. Tricky libraries... v_v Hmm so I will do that while I am here...look up the books I will try to reserve tomorrow and then gather some websites. I dunno. This paper is really scary.

I also need to eat. Class today was so boring but afterwords I got a banana. Dinner will be couscous and tuna and possibly carrot salad.

I can't wait for Saturday. If I can get through tomorrow everything will be great. BENTO!! I can't believe it.

ALSO to my EXTREME ECSTASY there is going to be a huge anime convention here in Paris at the end of May. Right before my daddy (HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D) is coming to visit!! For this reasn I will try to spare ALL unnecessary expensive EVEN MORE than I already am so I can go and have a good time. I have to go check out the website. It will be my FIRST CON EVER!!! :D

I have moved on in my métro reading to a book about the educational and therapeutic uses of Go which is interesting. It's written by a 9th dan (which i THINK its the highest level...altho I'm not sure...) professional player who went to various institutions with a simplified version of the game. He is Japanese but the book is translated into French. He talked about how even the little five year olds would stay calm and just play Go; they really got into it. I hope there will be little kids in the class I go to on Saturday. That would be so cool! I wonder if there will be mostly French or Japanese people... Probably I will be the only American...lol.

Hmmm...I'm trying to think of anything else interesting going on. I saw Dr Kinsey last night with Emily, Clara, Dann (he has informed me it includes two ns), and Miguel. I was just getting home but it didn't take much to get me out to a movie lol. It was SUPER cheap too!!! Only 4€90 because they are having this deal where if you buy a ticket you get a coupon. I have two more coupons because my friends both have this unlimited pass so they don't have to pay but they still get the discount things so they gave them to me. It's so easy to save money sometimes.

I realized I need to find a shirt to go with my pants from Express. I have a really cool sweater but here I think it is too warm to wear. Luckily I still have a couple weeks to consider this...

Well I have to go website hunting so that will be it...

3 comments:

Xavier said...

i have go. tis fun. i taught walter and bjorn and kicked their asses. but when i play against joe he always kicks mine. but that's because he plays on yahoo. I tried that, but the guy quit because he prolly thought i sucked. LOL

Xavier said...

Furansu to Karafoonia to Nyuu Yooku no naka de, doko ga ichiban suki desu ka?

:D

Pretty good, eh?

Xavier said...

OMG!Q Emilly!@ you have to see Machuca! It's the best movie ever. ! It's so awesome. I wrote a review of it in my blog. It's my favoirte. and you gotta go see it !!!